The CHTP Certificate Program provides overview training for technology specialists to understand Health IT. Students who complete the course will be able to identify efficient technology for medical sites; understand implementation methodology for healthcare environments; manage EHR rollout and digital technology projects; explain HIPAA, HITECH, and Meaningful Use/MACRA compliance requirements; select proper encryption technology and employ encryption techniques in practice; and define the most frequently used health technology terminology. The program is presented through self-paced online lessons, multimedia review, and assessments, as well as a final exam.
Module titles within this course include:
* And introduction to Health IT
* Developments in Health IT
* Understanding Incentives and Security in Healthcare
* Identifying Technology for Medical Sites
* The Basics of EHR Implementation Methodology
* An Overview of Encryption for Protecting Sensitive Data
* Acronyms in Health IT, HIPAA and Digital Security
* Acronyms for Government Agencies and Other HC Organizations
Successful completion of this course awards a Certification in Healthcare Technology Proficiency which has been reviewed and authorized by the 4Medapproved professional medical and technical advisory boards.
Average course length: 4 hours
Upon completion, nursing CEUs and contact hours are available. Click on the button below for more information.
System requirements: To access 4Medapproved online courseware, you must use IE9+, Chrome 5+, Firefox 17+, Safari 5+, or any browser that supports HTML5 and/or Adobe Flash 10+.